SHIMANO SERVICE CENTRE
Whether you use your bike for sports, commuting or recreation, a reliable bike service is key
in ensuring that you continue to enjoy your bike. Regular bike service by professionals
increases the longevity of your bike as well as your riding pleasure. It also helps prevent
unexpected, avoidable service costs.
Why Shimano Service Centre?
At a Shimano Service Centre, you get excellent bike care from the people who know your
bike best. You never have to worry about quality, reliability or safety. We do everything we
can to make it as easy as possible for you to take good care of your bike. Ask us anything. We
are always happy to help and offer advice. We demonstrate our expertise in what we do for
you - every time.
- We deliver excellent bike care:
- Carried out by Shimano trained and certified staff
- Using Shimano Original Parts
- Applying the latest Shimano technology
WORKSHOP Service Levels
Here at Billy Bilsland Cycles our workshop is at the heart of what we do. We have a team of experienced Cytech qualified mechanics who take pride in repairing bikes to a very high standard. Every repair is test ridden to ensure you get it back in tip top condition.
When you bring your bike in we will asses it and advise you on what needs done and quote it up for you. Our price list is a fairly accurate indication but every bike is different so some bikes might need more or less time spent on them. We will always try and call you if the bike needs more work than agreed in your initial quote.
No job is too big or too small!
This service is for fairly new bikes or bikes that need a few tweaks to get them running safely and feeling good.
Visually inspect the bike for any damage
- Check all nuts and bolts are correctly torqued
- Check the wheels are in tight and straight
- Adjust the gears and brakes to function
- Inflate tyres to recommended pressure
- Clean and oil your chain and spray lube external moving parts
- Grease seatpost and pedal threads
- Test ride your bike to make sure it's riding well
We will advise of any basic parts that need replaced and charge accordingly for fitting.
This service is for bikes that require a bit more work than a safety check, and covers the fitting of external components such as drive components, brake pads, cables, tyres etc.
- Everything covered in the Safety Check
- Truing of wheels and broken spoke replacement
- Adjusting more complex components such as hydro brakes and Di2
- Nipping up loose hub cones
- Adjusting headset bearings
- Basic wipe clean of the hike
Please note that if a large number of parts require fitting or components are of a more complex nature such as hydraulic brakes or Di2, a surcharge may be incurred.
This is a very thorough service where we open and grease all the moving parts to prolong life and keep the bike running smoothly. We recommend this service at least once a year or as often as every 6 months for mile-eaters!
- Everything covered in the Basic Service
- Servicing both hubs with fresh grease and replace bearings where required
- Removing bottom bracket, clean, grease and re-fit/replace
- More complex wheel truing/spoke retention
- Clean, grease and re-assemble headset
- Brake bleed if required
- Di2 firmware update if required
Please note if your bike is equipped with hydraulic brakes and/or internal cable routing a £15 surcharge is incurred for the additional time required to service these components. Please aIso note surcharges may apply for removing seized parts. frame facing or highly integrated parts.
Strip And Rebuild
A.K.A. "The Resurrection"
The Strip and Rebuild Service is for bikes that need some serious TLC. We will remove every component, clean it, service it and rebuild the bike in tip-top condition. This is the service for you if you're fanatical about your bike and want it to be gleaming for the season, you want a new groupset fitted or your bike has not seen enough love over over the years and the Full Service won't quite cut it.
Please note if your bike is equipped with hydraulic brakes and/or internal cable routing a surcharge is incurred for the additional time required to service these components. Please aIso note surcharges may apply for removing seized parts. frame facing or highly integrated parts.
Please be aware that workshop prices are exclusive of parts and are aimed to reflect the amount of time our mechanics spend on your bike. More time consuming components such as hub gears, BB30, Di2, internal routing, etc. will likely incur additional charges. Parts bought elsewhere will incur a surcharge.