The NEW Frog City Bike
Frog has released a new bike - the City Bike, a kids hybrid bike built for the urban environment, whether that be commuting to school or riding around town.
Billy Bilsland Cycles have a long history with Frog Bikes and at one point we were the only Scottish distributor.
These versatile hybrids are designed for daily use and come with easy to mount step-through frame, 8-speed derailleur gears, a floating chainglider, full-length mudguards, a kickstand and a pannier rack so your wee ones are well prepared for taking a schoolbag, lunchbox and drink or supplies for a longer cycle.
The range starts with the Frog City 53 for 5-7 year olds, then the Frog City 61, for 8-10 year olds., and lastly the Frog City 67 for 10 -12 year olds
Swept handlebars & step-through frame
With its slightly swept handlebars and longer head tube, the design allows for a more upright, leisurely riding position. And, the lightweight step-through aluminium frame allows for smooth mounting and dismounting making the bike easy to ride and manoeuvre through the streets.
The Frog City bike features FrogFit Technology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters, which are best suited for moderate speeds and hills, perfect for efficient city riding.
As opposed to hub gears, the derailleur gears provide more range so riders can effortlessly find the appropriate gear and they are easier to maintain.
The floating chainglider, designed and manufactured in collaboration with Hebie, prevents clothing from getting stuck and the chain from getting soiled. And, it can be easily removed for cleaning and maintenance, without the need for tools.
The rear pannier rack is included as standard and can hold up to 25kg. A great way to transport bags and equipment when out and about in the City.
Frog's bespoke kickstand makes it easy to park the bike when taking a break or when loading the pannier rack. And, is simple to fold away when no longer in use. Included as standard.
Why should I buy a Frog City bike?
- Lightweight sturdy aluminium frame - for easy handling around town
- City/Step-through design - for ease of mounting and dismounting
- Junior Tektro brakes - with small, easy to reach brake levers allowing for better control and improved confidence for Junior riders
- Patented Frog cranks - reduces the distance between the pedals which increases efficiency and comfort and makes pedalling easier
- Derailleur gear - the FrogFitTechnology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters provides more range so riders can effortlessly find the appropriate gear
- Low-resistance Kenda City Tyres - very durable and ideal for travelling on varying terrains throughout the city
- Floating chainglider - for added safety and easy to remove for maintenance
- Low bottom bracket - for a more ergonomic seating position and better stability
- Adjustable handlebar height - to allow handlebars to be lowered or raised within a range of 40mm, to suit child’s height
- Accessories as standard - Reflectors, mudguard, pannier rack & kickstand included
- Free 5 year warranty - on frame and forks
All 3 models of City hybrid kids bike are available in Teal, Pink and Black colours, and we have a selection of sizes and colours at Billy Bilsland Cycles, your local Glasgow Bike Shop since 1980.
These bikes are like hens' teeth so give us a shout if you'd like your wee one to have a test ride around Glasgow Green on one of these models
Pop into the shop to see our wide range of bikes, or have a look on our website at www.billybilslandcycles.co.uk
See the rest of the Frog Range HERE
Shop our other kids bikes HERE
You May Also Like
Leave a Comment